Experience Health Inc, Trisomy 21/Down syndrome (T21/Ds)
TNI- where to start!?
Targeted Nutritional Intervention (TNI)***
- NuTriVene Daily
- Essential Fatty Acids
- start Phase 1 ASAP!!!!!!!!!
- Resveratrol, EGCG and PQQ (either individually or in the NuTriVene Polyphenol Complex)
- also might add- Curcumin
- start phase 2 after your child is at the full dose of NuTriVene daily
Phase 1 and 2 will support biochemsitry from over expressed genes. This is where we start. However, there still may be nutritional deficiencies, hormone imbalances (adrenal, thyroid, Growth hormone) immune issues, toxicity, other gene mutations (snp mutations) digestive issues, etc. that are not addressed solely with TNI. These need to be addressed with Phase 3 ( or in addition to Phase 2).
- highly individualized based on patients history and biochemistry outside of T21. Supplements may include
- NuTriVene Enzymes or another digestive enzyme
- NuTriVene Nighttime Formula
- minerals and vitamins based on individual needs
- hormone assistance- ideally via herbs, glandulars, and or homeopathy
- additional glutathione
*** PLEASE NOTE!!!***
This is a generic recommendation, and does not take into account anything other than gene over-expression. Your child has a unique biochemistry, and will also have their own health history. Other supplements may be warranted and needed. Please consult with me or another TNI trained doctor to create a customized protocol for your child.
SUPPLEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS in TNI
TNI is Targeted Nutritional Intervention. Each individual part of the protocol targets something that is abnormally high or abnormally low in Ds.
Essential Fatty Acids (EPA/DHA)
For dosing charts see TNI dosing charts
- contains vitamins, minerals and amino acids in very regulated amounts specifically to influence many of the genes that are over-expressing in T21. This can be used like a T21 specific 'multi" though each person is individual and may need some tweaking based on their individual chemistry- ie- more folate and B12, or zinc, etc. Not all genes can be inhibited with Nutrivene Daily so we have some additional "add ons".
DOSING- NuTriVene daily is dosed by weight. You will see the dose for the weight of your child- you then divide that into 2 portions and give am and pm ideally. This has a very powerful effect on the brain and body- so it is recommended to start at 1/4 the dose, and increase gradually, to give the body time to adjust.
- used to support mitochondria- new genesis of mitochondria, protection of existing mitochondria and it serves to scavenge excess hydroxyl radicals and peronynitrate that is being overproduced in Ds.
DOSING- Infants 3 mg a day. Toddlers 5 mg. Children no more than 10 mg. Adults no more than 20 mg.
*** Give with EGCG, 4 hours away from NuTriVene daily***
- used to inhibit DYKR1a over-expression. Also stimulates neurogenesis (new neuron growth) and increases BDNF levels. It also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Improves cognitive function specifically working memory.
DOSING- Start with 1 mg of EGCG per kg of body weight. Increase to 3-5 mg/kg. Some people go as high as 9 mg/kg. Because of EGCGs impact on an enzyme called DFR (Dihydrofolate reductase) separate it from the Nutrivene daily by 4 hours. This dose is best given 2 times a day.
- inhibits Micro RNA 155 overexpression. May also stimulate neurogenesis, has antioxidant properties, will preserve telomeres- prolonging lifespan.
DOSING- Start with 1 mg/kg body weight, and gradually increase to 4-5 mg/kg body weight. This dose is best done twice a day- it can be combined with many other supplements, but the doses should be 8 hours apart.
- due to the over-expression of SOD1 and CBS, glutathione is always at a deficit in Ds (not enough is being made AND it is being depleted). Glutathione is the body's main endogenous anti-oxidant. Supplementing with glutathione via pills or lotions helps to give the body more of this vital nutrient to protect the brain and nervous system from oxidative stress induced damage.
DOSING- 4 mg/kg of body weight. If there are issues with elevated liver enzymes, or detoxification need (particularly from vaccines or other drugs) then do 8 mg/kg. Best done on it's own before bed, but it is ok to combine with other supplements in the evening. Setria brand is the best for the brain and nervous system.
NuTriVene Polyphenol Complex
*** NuTriVene Polyphenol complex contains EGCG, Resveratrol, PQQ, Vitamin C, glutathione and CoQ 10 as a synergistic and convenient way to get these compounds. ***
DOSING- dose off the Resveratrol in the product per the weight of your child- may be rounded up or down. Because of the synergistic effect of this product- it can be dosed at 4 mg/kg Resveratrol. Please see
- inhibits MicroRNA 125b…stimulates neurogenesis, anti inflammatory, anti oxidant, enhances cognitive performance, reduces beta amyloid plaque formation, enhances BDNF levels.
Dosing- start at 10 mg/kg body weight, and gradually increase to 30mg/kg. Best done with the other polyphenols (Resveratrol and EGCG). Longvida curcumin is the best one for getting this to the nervous system.
- (from fish or algae preferably) one of the most researched substances for neurogeneis. Also increases BDNF, brain size, and has neuroprotective benefits. EFA's are the building blocks of the brain and nervous system. They are needed at high amounts to be available for rebuilding the brain and nervous system. Omega 3's work to build bigger and more functional brains by increasing neurite growth, enhancing communication of brain cells, protecting the brain against inflammation and oxidation and helps to release neurotransmitters.
DOSING- depends on the product you choose
- recommended to help with nutrient absorption and assimilation and to help with gut problems like food allergies and constipation.
DOSING- depends on the product NuTriVene carries a digestive enzyme and it is dosed by weight.
- either in the form of real fermented foods or supplements, to help maintain gut and immune health. Prebiotics- like inulin and butyrate may also be of help here.
DOSING- depends on the product you choose.
For dosing charts see TNI dosing charts